Nov 14 2005
- Tuesday 1 November: after 45 days of owning a PowerBook, I get I/O errors. I call AppleCare and after making me reinstall, they agree that my disk needs to be changed.
- Wednesday 2 November: I call some Apple repair stores in Paris, hoping for a quick repair; it will take at least 10 days to deal with my Mac; I decide to call AppleCare again to have my laptop picked up by UPS
- Friday 3 November: UPS comes to my home, with a box for… an iPod; I refuse it, call AppleCare again; they send another box by UPS
- Friday 10 November: I receive an email from AppleCare; they are saying that TNT tried to deliver the box and failed and that I need to reschedule with TNT; I contact TNT through the Web: they don’t know about the number AppleCare gave me
- Monday 14 November: I finally manage to talk to TNT on the phone; TNT Sweden, that is, as I’m in Sweden for a few days and they want me to talk to TNT Sweden; the box is on its way to Holland, without my laptop in it; I call AppleCare again, and it seems that they have had a problem with their system and never sent the box(?!); they are sending me a new box
To be continued. I will soon reach the point where my Mac will have been more time in my possession broken than in working state.